The Commissioner’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following matters:
- setting the direction, strategy, goals, targets and priorities;
- setting operational parameters, including the annual operating and capital budgets;
- monitoring performance of the Commission and the Master Agent to ensure goals are achieved;
- establishing and maintaining a framework for internal control of the functions of the Commission; and
- reviewing, approving and, where appropriate, revising the Delegated Management Operating Authorities to ensure the empowerment of employees to conduct the Commission’s day to day operations.
The Commissioner is appointed for a term of office not exceeding five years. On expiration of his or her term, the Commissioner is eligible for reappointment.
The current Commissioner is Tracey Scott, who was appointed from 1 January 2020.